News from the Clerk
POLL WORKERS NEEDED - If you are interested in being a pollworker contact the Township Clerk's Office at 732-329-4000 ext. 7313. The polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and you can earn $200 for the day.
Where do you vote? Who are the candidates? This information can be found on your sample ballot. All registered voters will receive a sample ballot in the mail prior to Election Day. This sample ballot will include all the candidates and the office they are running for. The sample ballot also includes any questions to be voted on as well as what district you are in and where you need to go and vote. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Clerk's Office at 732-329-4000 ext. 7352. You can also find this information at the Division of Elections website here.
Responsibilities of the Clerk
The Municipal Clerk serves as secretary to the South Brunswick Council and is the custodian of all minutes, ordinances, resolutions, contracts, deeds and archival records of the municipality. The Municipal Clerk also serves as secretary of the municipal corporation.
- Serves as Custodian of Records responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Open Public Records Act (OPRA) (P.L. 2001, c. 404, N.J.S.A. 47:1A-1 et seq.)
- Prepares Council meeting agendas and records minutes of Council meetings.
- Retains the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions
- Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer in all elections held in South Brunswick, subject to Title 19 of the Revised Statutes
- Serves as Chief Registrar of Voters in South Brunswick, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes
- Serves as Administrative Officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to different municipal officer.