Vehicle Maintenance Division
Contact: 732-329-4000 x 7273
This Division of the Public Works Department is responsible for maintaining the Township fleet.
The basic functions of Vehicle Maintenance are as follows:
- Maintaining all Township owned motorized equipment including police and other cars, vans, buses, trucks, loaders, fork trucks, mowers, graders, pavers, and trailers. This includes preventative maintenance (tires, fluid changes, tune ups) as well as repairs as needed.
- Install/remove snow plows are installed and repaired as needed
- Ordering gas and diesel fuel for all vehicles and maintaining gas pumps
- Storage and recycling of used motor oil and antifreeze from all vehicles
- Registration and inspection for all road vehicles
- Maintaining stock of parts frequently used
- Maintenance of records for each vehicle