FACILITY RENTALS, PERMITS & FEES
Call For Information...
Call: 732-329-4000, ext. 7671, 8:45 am - 4:15 pm, Monday - Friday.
When calling for information, please have the following information available:
- The type of facility you need?
picnic area, athletic field, reception hall, meeting room, or parking area
- Type of event?
picnic, cricket game, softball game, wedding, shower, child's birthday party, meeting, etc.
- Day, Date and Time of planned event
- Alcohol ( yes or no) planning to be served?
- Number attending event?
- Resident status of participants attending. Will 51% of those attending the event be residents of South Brunswick Township?
Permit Application Fee: According to Town Ordiance, a Group of 20 or more must have a permit.
A $25.00 non-refundable application fee is required with your completed facility reservation application. Exempted from the fee: Resident Athletic field applications, South Brunswick Township Public Schools and South Brunswick Scouts.
The $25.00 non-refundable application fee will be credited towards your final rental fee
The Parks and Recreation Department oversees the reservation and rental of:
- Reservations are accepted beginning January 1 for the same year for picnics from May to Mid-October.
- Minimum advance reservation time to reserve is 3 weeks.
- Picnic tables fit up to 8 adults or 10 children comfortably
- Reserved picnic permits are given for the following park areas ONLY:
- Reichler Park
- Woodlot Park
- Beech Woods Park
Reichler Park: (if more than 100 people attending an event, renter must rent both grove and pavilion)
- Two Pavilions - Pavilion A & B Pavilion - Maximum 100 people per pavilion, 10-12 tables per pavilion;
- B is always rented first. Comes with kitchen. Kitchen Appliances - Refrigerator/Freezer, Griddle, Stove - 4 burners, Oven
- Pavilion A does not have a kitchen.
- Ball Fields do NOT automatically come with picnic area.
- No tents are permitted
- Indoor Bathrooms
- Basketball Court
- Skate Park
- Playground with ADA Accessible swing will be installed Spring 2020
Woodlot Park: (if more than 100 people attending an event, renter must rent both grove and pavilion)
- Covered Pavilion: maximum 80-100 people (8 -10 tables) ; rest rooms or port a john, depending on season
- Picnic Grove with tables, maximum 80-100 (8-10 tables) people, rest rooms or port a john, depending on season
- No kitchen
- Playground - Children must be supervised
- Basketball Court & Sand Volleyball are not reserved
- Grass area in back
- No fields
Beech Woods Park:
- Maximum 50 people
- Picnic tables - 6
- Port-a-johns - 2
- Tot Lot up to age 5
- Walking path
- Wedding Ceremony ONLY (2 hours)
Athletic fields are by permit only. They are not automicatically available with picnic rental.
Other Park areas, call for information on availability and costs (special events, etc.).
South Brunswick Community Buildings:
- Two Meeting Rooms - Crossroads Room - Holds Maximum 15, Parkview Room - Holds Maximum 35
- Gym is NOT available for rent.
- No kitchen
- Maximum 150 people
- Maximum rental 6 hours includes set up and clean up time.
- Out by 11:00 pm
- Kitchen availbale
- Microphone.is NOT provided.
To inquire about applying for the use of one of the above facilities or to request an application for a permit, please visit or contact our office: Weekdays, 8:45 am - 4:15 pm. Minimum advance reservation time to reserve a facility is 3 weeks; balfields are 3 weeks. Reserve early to get your dates as facility space is often reserved early. Final payment is due
Recreation Dept. programs, Municipal use, school activities and contracted youth groups have priority over facility use.
- Call the Recreation office at 732-329-4000, x7671,
- Come to the Recreation Office, Community Center, Woodlot Park, 124 New Rd, Monmouth Junction
- For use of the Municipal Building or Utility Building meeting rooms, call 732-329-4000, x 7279.
- For use of the Library Meeting Rooms, call call 732-329-4000, x 7286.
- For use of school fields or school facilities contact the Board of Education at 732 297-7800 or the individual schools. For phone numbers, www.sbschools.org
FACILITY USE FEES
For a pdf outlining the fees and charges of the various parks and facilities permits as set by the Township Council of South Brunswick, please use the following links:
Facilities Fees Insurance Requirements For Rentals
This includes Senior Center, Community Center, Wetherhill, picnic sites, all athletic fields' permits, lighted and unlighted, various park use permits, tennis permits, and skate park permits.
All rentals and permits require proper liability and/or special event insurance and a 'hold harmless' insurance agreement. The Township does not provide coverage; it must be obtained through your own carrier. Contact the office for information.