OUR NEXT WALK: Saturday, October 10th at 9am
Location: TBD Soon
Please bring water and bug spray!
If you plan on coming to any of the walks, we ask that one family member register on Community Pass so that we can contact you in the event of a weather cancellation.
(NOTE: While leashed dogs are permitted on the trails, we ask that you do NOT bring dogs on these program walks)
Walk! South Brunswick is a free, family program with a focus on walking the trails in South Brunswick.
This program is for people of all ages! However, parents must accompany their children as it is not a "drop off" program.
Join us for as many of the walks as you wish. If you plan on coming to any of the walks, we ask that one family member register on Community Pass so that we can contact you in the event of a weather cancellation or with other imporant program information. Click here to go to Community Pass
Participants are responsible for transportation to the trails. Family groups will remain 6 feet apart and participants will be required to wear a mask whenever the group stops to hear information if they cannot social distance. There are no age restrictions as long as the child can walk the hike.
The program will take place on Saturday mornings during the months of September – November. The walks will be 1-3 miles in length.
Each walk will last 1 to 2 hours (depending on the walk) and begin around 9am.
Shown below are tentative program dates and trails (weather pending).
On the Monday before each date shown below, we will post the location of the next walk on this website.
Tentative Walk Dates (weather pending):
- September 26 - Woodlot Park – Pond loop (1.5 miles) - COMPLETE
- October 10
- October 17
- October 24
- October 31
- Nov 7
- Nov 21
- Sondek Nature Trail (1 mile) (Click here to see a video of this walk)
- Freedom Trail – Ridge Road, Monmouth Jct (1.5 miles) (Click here to see a video of this walk)
- Heathcote Meadows preserve and Historic Bridge (2 miles) (Click here to see a video of this walk)
- Davidson Mill Pond Park and Earth Center (2.3 miles) (click here to see a video of this walk)
- Ireland Brook Park (2.5 miles)
- Woodlot Park (1.5 miles) - COMPLETED