Police Operations Command
The Patrol Division’s primary mission is that of the welfare and safety of the approximately 45,000 people who reside within the township’s 42 square miles. Officers respond to approximately 70,000 calls for service a year ranging from first-aid to violent offender apprehension. They are responsible for traffic enforcement, motor vehicle crash investigations, initial criminal investigations, and a pro-active response to a multitude of calls for service that impact South Brunswick residents’ quality of life.
The superior officers assigned to the Patrol Division are responsible for the direction, leadership and resource assignment of their officers to meet the township’s demands for public safety assistance. They are tasked with analyzing current incident trends for pattern crimes, traffic enforcement, and quality of life issues, and for developing directed patrol strategies to address these concerns. This analytical approach provides a more efficient response to the township’s public safety needs than a random patrol strategy.
Captain Ron Seaman (732) 329-4000 Ext. 7460
Lt. Dennis Yuhasz - ext. 7488
Lt. Roger Tuohy - ext. 7444
Sgt. Frank Mongalieri ext. 4435
Lt. Frank Lombardo - ext. 7439
Lt. Scott Reeves- ext. 7483
Sgt. Nathan LaBuda ext. 4467
The members of the South Brunswick Township Police Department Traffic Division are committed to enhancing traffic safety on all township roads. The goal of promoting safe and expeditious vehicular travel is accomplished through a three prong approach of engineering, education and enforcement.
The Traffic Division falls under Operations Command and provides support to the township by assisting the Planning, Zoning and Code Enforcement Departments. This division conducts site plan reviews, inspections and provides feedback and reports to the local governing body on engineering and construction projects.
These highly skilled professionals are responsible for investigating serious and fatal motor vehicle accidents in addition to other duties to include:
- Responsibility for providing traffic flow plans for major events.
- Making use of specialized equipment such as the variable message board, speed trailer, traffic laser, digital imaging, motorcycles and a new Trax-plus traffic counter.
- Coordinating joint enforcement details in conjunction with the New Jersey State Department of Transportation and the New Jersey State Motor Vehicle Commission.
- Participating in regular projects such as occupant safety “Click-it-or-ticket”, DWI “You Drink You Drive You Lose”, and “Aggressive Driver” campaigns.
- Liaison with state and county officials.
- Special enforcement details.
- Crossing guards
- Police towing
The Traffic Division may be reached by calling 732-329-4000 extension 7472.
The following personnel may be reached directly by calling (732)329-4000 and their extension:
|Lt. Frank Lombardo||Ext. 7439|
|SFC. Gary Holsten||Ext. 7479|
|Ptl. Mike Leung||Ext. 7430|
|Ptl. Jesse Blake||Ext. 7474|
|Ptl. William Beard||Ext. 7439|
|SLEO II Gregory Boldizar||Ext. 7472|
|TSC Joseph Charmello||Ext. 7410|
|Investigative Secretary Felisa Ayala||Ext. 7472|
Other useful links:
- To access a self-reported motor vehicle crash report form, visit https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/about/SR-1.pdf
- For information on teen driving, please visit http://www.njsaferoads.com
- For information on traffic control devices, visit http://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov
- For information on the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission, visit http://www.state.nj.us/mvc
- For information on South Brunswick's municipal code, please visit http://www.municode.com